The firm has been developing its international activity for over ten years, particularly in the areas of insurance and public liability, and has assisted its clients with major claims of an international nature.
The firm also has an established international practice in the intellectual property and multimedia sectors.
To better meet the needs of its clients, the firm offers the services of two international legal networks.
INSURALEX (Global Insurance Lawyers Group – www.insuralex.com)
Insuralex is an international group dedicated to the insurance, reinsurance and liability sector. It is comprised of independent law firms who are all selected for their expertise and experience in this sector and are considered to be major players in their respective countries.
Insuralex can handle any case in its sector of activity and provide any advice or opinion on applicable law and the procedures applicable in each country.
Insuralex works for a large number of companies throughout the world and its members have been called on to handle numerous major cases such as:
- the Mont Blanc Tunnel fire
- the Linate airport disaster
- the Toulouse explosion in 2001
- the AGF/Wasa/Lexington UK Supreme Court case
- the Italian 2003 Blackout
- Chubb & AIG vs. Parmalat & others case
- the Maconda Well incident (involving the platform Deepwater Horizon)
- litigation arising from the 9/11 catastrophe
- disputes occurring during the Athens Olympic Games 2004
- the Chinese Slimming Herbs litigation in Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg
- the Turkish Airlines crash at Schiphol airport
- the Buncefield explosion in the UK
The group is represented in over 50 countries or states worldwide and can provide assistance in other countries.
IADC (International Association of Defense Counsel – www.iadclaw.org)
Created in the United States in 1920, the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) is a prestigious international association made up of about 2,500 sponsored lawyers, insurance company directors and in-house legal directors from national and international companies. The Association provides a contact with an international network of lawyers ready to work on any type of matter, be it advice or litigation. Based in Chicago, the Association has members in every continent and organises events throughout the world.
Emmanuèle Lutfalla is currently the International Vice President of the IADC, after having been the Chair of the International Committee and the Continuous Training Committee for several years. In 2013, she was also the head of the ICCC (International Corporate Counsel College), one of the Association’s leading institutions.